Tuesday, March 25, 2008
This is very irritating and worrisome. I have been told my Macbook is out of stock and they - the people in charge of sales - have simply no idea when it will come. Meaning, it may or may not come after my school term starts. This is crap. Imagine the rest of my classmates playing away with their laptops and I don't even have one.
There is the FOC tomorrow and I do not feel like going. But if I don't go, the students in charge of the camp will ring me up and ask me why I am not there. And I get terribly nervous when I have to tell a porky that may be too closely scrutinised. Ha, I got it. When I pick up the phone - I
will pick up the phone- I will pretend to be my mother.
"Is this Yu Qing?" they will ask.
"No, this is her mother.She's at the hospital. Her friend had some sort of an emergency," I will tell them in a very bland voice. "Who is this?"
"Oh, we're calling from the orientation camp... Do you know if she will be coming?"
"Probably not."
Yeah, I'm such a coward.
I can't even tell them as myself, "No, I am not going to the camp because I know with utmost certainty it will be rather lame and we will be forced to do rather lame things. And oh yeah! I just spent an hour trawling through the internet reading what other NP freshmen have wrote - and not to mention seniors - and their ramblings have greatly, greatly dismayed me. Not only do they sound like morons, they LOOK like morons! They strike the infamous garupa pose in their pictures, ie, making a little, ridiculous pout with their lips and staring at their cameras with wide-open eyes and pointing it slightly downwards so their eyes appear larger. I am not going to fit in with them, ever! I will rather kill myself than spend four days pretending I like their music, I like their stupid shaggy haircuts, I like to listen to J-pop, I like to watch movies like Sky of Love. So don't pretend, did you just say? If I don't, I don't know what to say, because none of them will know who Muse - mighty Gods of Rock n Roll - is, or what
A Great and Terrible Beauty is about or that boots should never ever be worn singularly with a top and miniskirt."
It was the infamous garupa pose that might me want to hurl. And I haven't gotten to the part where some of them wore 'funky glasses' in their photos! It reminds me of a person who nobody liked in my upper sec class. He was a he that was called she. Not even a she, to me, he was an it. He was just so...alien! And not in a good, otherworldly, ethereal way. I mean really like an alien. Big goggly eyes, rough red skin - acne's the cause - and too gangly with thin limbs that had a tendency to flop about weirdly.
If I go to class and see that one of them has the Mustafa syndrome - a moustache - I may go loopy with horror.
i thought the world of you
7:25 PM